Exchange 2010 introduced new certificate management interfaces in the Exchange Management Console (EMC). Using the new certificate wizards in EMC, you can:
- Generate certificate signing request (CSR) to request a certificate signed by a CA
- Complete the pending certificate request when you receive a certificate signed by the CA
- Assign Exchange services to the certificate.
- Renew certificates
- Export a certificate with its private key (the private key must be marked as exportable when creating the certificate, the default for certificate signing requests generated by using the EMC).
- Import certificates with a private key
- View certificate properties