Measuring end to end message delivery latency
end user message tracking
Mailbox server roles:
-Exchange store schema and ESE optimzed for fewer larger, smoother, sequential IO
– Database size improvement
– Reduces I/O by additional 70% as compared to Exchange 2007
– Supports 100000 items per folder
New message records management features
item level policy settings…compliance offer search capabilities
Database copies – 16 Nos.
Failover time – 30 Secs.
Data Replication – Continous replication
Cluster management – Exchange Server
Step up to automatic failover without rebuilding the mailbox server.
No subnet or special DNS requirement.
Improved database seed/log shipping performance across the WAN
– DAG network compression/encryption(Optional)
– Log shipping is not Transport Control Protocol (TCP socket)
Streaming backup support has been removed.
Largest mailbox support – 10GB (Office 2007 Sp2)
– Co-existence of public folders between 2003/2007/2010
– OWA only gives access to public folders with replica located on Exchange 2010
– Public folder replication is your data resiliency solution
Exchange 2010 introduces several paradigm shifts:
– Client connections are performed through Client Access Server
– Shadow Redundancy introduces message resiliency within transport pipeline.
– High Availability, store, and new compliance scenario improve data retention, resiliency and availability.
Questions and Answer…!
1. What the database limit of exchange 2010
Without continous replication – Recommendation 100GB
With Continous replcation – Recommendation 200 GB
Without continous replication – Recommendation 200GB
With Continous replcation – Recommendation 2 TB
2. What is Active directory requirement of Exchange 2010?
-Global Catalog 2003 Sp2
-Forest functional mode windows 2003
3. What versions of outlook would be supported with exchange 2010?
-Outlook 2003/2007/2010 with appropiate Service packs
4. Live mailbox & archive mailbox on which databases?
-Live and archive mailboxes are going to be in the same database…post change -with exchange 2010 SP1 can be kept archive mailbox on different database.
5. Upgrading schema using 64bit domain controller?
-No support with 32bit management tools.
6. Exchange 2010 works on virtualization VMware?
-Check the windows virtualization validation part…!
Hope it been informative…!