Let me conceal “The Parable Of The Sower”, how it is related to our life with the Living God. Our heart is the good ground where God sows his living word so that we can bear fruit abundantly according to his will and purpose.
I was child when i was taught and guess what i enjoyed like anything because it touched my heart. I willingly desired not be hearer only but also be doers of my Lord.
All the above three factors are needed to produce a crop. The sower is the preacher, the seed is the word of God & the soil is your response.
So when the word of God is preached/told to his beloved people it is not sowed in a row, ascending/descending order, special ones, high/low ones, rich/poor etc.
The sower planted the seed randomly wherever he got chance on the field, he even didn’t cared where the seed landed and so is the word of God to our heart.
- Some fell on the path: It was trampled on and the birds of the air ate it…
- Some fell on the rock: when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture.
- Some fell among thorns: Which grew up with and choked the plants.
- But some fell on the good soil: It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than it was sown.
Now let me reveal the parable what it mean as below:
Some fell on the path: People who hear the Word of God but do not receive…how much people are interested in receiving it within after hearing. You never grow because the seed is on the path and things of the world takes it away before it’s rooted with you to bring forth fruit.
Some fell on the rock: People who hear the word of God and are emotional but never exercise/practice in life. Come up with lot of excuses and ready to blame on others. Does not think of others in fact they stumble before facing the hardship and persecution. Such faith cannot last longer.
Some fell among thorns: People who listens, believes but comprises with the world and goes against the will of God. There is not true commitment; the one who does not keeps the word. The worries of the life, running after the wealth, going after the pleasures/riches of the world are the thorns were people get chocked up and do not grow further.
Some fell on the good soil: These are the true believers who are not only hearers of the Word but also doers. They rooted the seed within at the first place when received. Not distracted by the emotions, pleasures of the world, does not compromise, strong desire to be disciplined, always seeks to grow. The end result is bountiful harvest and people become a living example to others around them.
OK Now What ???
- First thing first Learn to Listen
- Receive it in your heart, submit yourself towards God.
- Don’t let your inner pride prevent God’s word from shaping your character as he desires.
- Don’t be arrogant as nobody is perfect, the word of God rebukes, purifies you as and when required.
- Learn to forgive and forget.
- Remember flesh and spirit as it cannot co-exist.
- Stay away from compromising and let God become top priority in your life.
- Don’t let the worries of life distract you and seek to grow in every possible situation.
- Thank & pray every day and for others too.