There is a difference between Love of God and love of Man what I understand. My observation starts with the point Man’s love is of selfishness & God’s is of Selfless.
The more point we look for, we very much know ourselves to answer those and would not like to jot down.
I cannot measure the knowledge/teaching what apostle Paul talks in verses of 1 Corinthians Ch.: 13,
1. It refers to people who speaks the tongues of Men and Angels but do not have charity are like a sounding brass. It clearly states just because there is a lack of charity in them, their prayers/offerings/request towards God are like a sounding brass which has no meaning at all and are unheard.
2. The one(Prophet) who gives message of God Almighty, to whom the mysteries are revealed, one who has all the knowledge & be-lives himself having faith to move the mountains but has no charity – He is nothing.
It was hard for me to understand the depth of having charity now.
3. So this was shocking to know even if I bestow all my good to feed the poor and I give my body to be burned for some good cause but have no charity it profited me nothing.
Could having charity be something more than doing what’s was said in verse 3 and I had to diligently now seek the Lord to know more about charity and have it.
4. Charity now talks about himself being in Man as one who suffered long in other words to be patient that is to overcome something, one who can be kind – how can a man be kind if anyone is unkind towards him and I have experienced, he envies not – I have seen and experienced people just because someone else has something superior/good to him, He tend to become envy, charity make much of not itself – the best example is the love of parents toward their children as they would sacrifice a lot like food/clothing/necessities of their to fulfill their children’s but unfortunately this untoward generation also lacks this kind of love.
5. Charity always obeys the standards/commandments/reproofs and in turn does not being unseemly asks questions, doesn’t seek her own benefit and has no evil thoughts on mind.
6. Charity rejoices not in iniquity but in Truth.
Sometimes people rejoice when something bad happens to other or would do injustice.
7. Beareth all things, believeth all things, have hopes all things, endures in all things.
What I understand more precisely is to stand for the truth indeed, be-live knowing the righteousness of God, not to give up or fear but to hope in all things and being stable walking with God.
8. Charity never fails: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there are tongues, they shall cease; whether there is knowledge, it shall vanish away
As clearly mentioned in the above verses how much more important is to have charity than having other qualities.
9. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
We are taught by our parents, elders, friends and other means, we sometimes learn from others what we did earlier unknowingly now we know and regret at this stage and would not like to think/do that way. Let us know not compromise with other/you to know what it really means to have charity because God is love and the one who lives in Love, lives in God and God lives in him.
Jesus Christ is the very good example of that Man, once we were in sin and by his blood we are cleansed. We are wearing his robes of righteousness and following to be like him.
So instead of being childish let us be Man and know –
13. now abides faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity
To have Charity is very much to walk in the below 2 Great Commandments:–
1. Love your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind.
2. Love your neighbor as thyself.
Reference: 1 Corinthians Ch.13, New Testament, Bible